What a BUMmer
So I was walking through downtown Chattannooga last night trying to find some decent coffee shops who would be willing to let my band play there. I got a phone call from my friends who informed me that they had arrived, so I went over to meet them. As we were preparing our cds for presentation and plotting are " let us play" strategy a woman came up to us and began to talk. She told us how she had been sleeping on the streets for three nights and was really tired and would like to stay at the salvation army. She said that she needed $10 to stay there and she was dead broke. I turned to look to my friends and see what they thought, but they had already constructed a fortress near my car complete with moat and mad alligator. By the look in their eyes through their periscope I could tell that they weren't interested in taking part, so I was on my own. I knew that I had about $5 in my wallet, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to give it away. I thought to myself," this lady is a total crackhead"," it doesn't cost $10 to sleep at the salvation army", "I was saving this money for a bite to eat later". My conscience got the best of me and I reached in my wallet for the five bucks, but realized that it was a ten dollar bill. I halfway, reluctantly handed it to her and, with a thankyou, she was on her way. As she walked away I thought, " Why didn't I pray for her?!". The thought had crossed my mind as I handed her the money, but a wave a cowardice seemed to have caused me to hunker down inside myself and let the opportunity pass by. You see that meeting wasn't an accident; it wasn't some random chance. God had set those events into motion before that lady even saw us. Earlier that day as I was driving around town trying to find the locations of some coffee shops, I had to stop and get gas for my car. I didn't have a ton of cash on me, so instead of getting the usual $20 I got $15 with the thought that I might want to grab some food or an ice cream later. By making that decision I had exactly $10 on me when the lady asked me for it. Everything worked out perfectly except for one missing ingredient, I didn't obey when God told me to pray for her. Now, granted, I don't think all was lost. A seed was still planted soley by the God-given grace that she recieved, but it's just the fact that an opportunity to speak God's word into her will have to wait for another time. So what I'm saying is, when the Spirit nudges you follow it's signals, obey! Not one day is in vain to God, so don't shake off encouters as mere coincidences, take them all to heart.

1 Comments:
Always a positive word from you.Thanks ciera.
Post a Comment
<< Home