Rainy Days on Mondays
" Rainy days on Mondays always bring me down" as sang by Karen Carpenter. I woke up this morning to a soft rain outside my window and a gray gloom that seeped even into my room. I got out of bed with a lack of enthusiasm and got ready for work. As I grabbed a glass of orange juice from my kitchen out of my mouth came the melody 'Rainy days on Mondays always bring me down' and I thought, " What a crappy combination". Then as soon as that thought entered my head it left and I felt really cozy. My mood became reminiscent as I transported my mind back to my childhood. That was when a rainy day wasn't always so bad( now most of the time it still was, because it would drive me crazy that I couldn't go outside and exert my energy, but I'm gonna stick to the times that it was okay.). I would wake up to a gentle, but steady, rain outside the house and ly on my couch cuddled in a blanket watching cartoons, such as: tail spin, goof troop, or the pink panther. My mom would bring me some tater tots and grilled cheese sandwiches to eat while I wasted the sleepy day away. I would usally put on a movie like Robin Hood ( the cartoon), any Ernest movie or watch tv like Andy Griffith or maybe some Sportscenter. Eventually when I got tired of just lying around I would go into my room and release creative energy rather( I almost said ruther, it's a southern thing) ( hey, I corrected myself, lay off) than physical. I'd grab some paper and begin jotting down an imaginary business or just create a football league ( team names, locations, stats, the works) or sometimes I would draw a map of an imaginary country ( ran by me , oh course) with city locations and a detailed governing system ( I was a complicated kid). So as I sit here wasting my rainy day in a different way( I'm at work) I wish for a chance to just ly on the couch with some tater tots and grilled cheese sandwiches and watch my favorite cartoons and movies. It'd sure be nice to have a lazy, rainy day today...sigh.

4 Comments:
*sigh* yeah laying around on the couch all day sounds fabulous...even sitting around at work sounds good...instead, i'm fated to traverse from class to class in this dreary mess...oh well, there's an upside to everything. in this case, (as you mentioned), i get to exercise my creative genius by daydreaming of warm sunshines and beaches...sand between my toes...which reminds me, my back is so sore from volleyball! ha i know, i'm a wimp.
My hypnotic powers over you are never ending Ciera, don't you know that by now?
You've got a good point there Jess. I definitely get to avoid the rain. Don't worry, a few more days/nights of v-ball and you'll be a pro!
trust me, i plan on being one.
Rachel, oh Rachel. Don't you know? You'll always be my little secretary. Remember, you were also the dispatcher while me and josh were policemen on patrol on our bikes ( you had to stay in the basement and wait for us to come back). Hahaha, ah the precious memories.
Post a Comment
<< Home