Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tooth Talk

So I was sitting at a restaurant last week waiting for my food to arrive. I couldn't help but notice a glare coming at me from the corner of my eye. I looked to see what it was and what I saw struck a question so deep within me that I'm still trying to find the answer. It was a guy, about my age, who all in all looked pretty normal. There's was one thing about him, though, that stuck out quite significantly. You see, apparantly, he had been using one of those teeth whitening things and his teeth were very, very bright. Now, I have no problem with people trying to improve the look of their teeth, in fact, I encourage it. Even if it does make the person's teeth freakishly white, it's okay, because it's still better than two rows of corn cubes wedged in someone's mouth. In the case of this guy I was left a little bewildered, though. There was one ingredient that seemed to be missing from the teeth improvement formula. You see his teeth were very white, but the whiteness beamed off of a very crooked, protruding set of teeth. Now, in my book if you have a defect try to cover it up not show it off. Because of his decision I had to stare at bright, glistening, crooked buck-teeth throughout my whole dinner which, by the way, took a notch or two off the overall dining experience. The concept of whitening and brightening crooked teeth is like putting glitter on a pimple; I felt like he was overlooking the real problem ( kinda missing the point). I was ( and still) so confused. So I ask you this complex and riddelled question: Is it better to have normal ( yellowish) crooked teeth or bright white and shiny crooked ones. Here at Mikes5lives You Decide.

3 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's better to have brilliantly white crooked teeth...bc eventually, if you dont keep up with them, they'll get worse again, and then it'll all even out for a while...but if someone has really gross yellow crooked teeth, that's two strikes against them. i've seen people with perfectly straight teeth that are VERY yellow...the nice order of the teeth really means nothing thanks to the color.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger j. said...

I dissagree jess. I have found that keeping your teeth (if they are crooked) just a few shades off white is the best way to go in this situation. Not shiney enough to attract attention and not yellow enough to disgust unsuspecting victims.

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i do agree with you...but this is about identifying the lesser of the two evils...no compromising...i'd have to go with the blinding white.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home